CEIS evaluates specific processes within the Bank’s credit risk management framework, and provides an overall assessment of credit-related processes for credit review and problem loan management. Clients often seek this assistance when preparing for a regulatory examination or in response to an examination to ensure that internal processes meet regulatory requirements and incorporate industry “best practices.”
Examples of the credit risk process review include:
- Forensic reviews to identify underlying causes associated with specific loan losses;
- Assessment of a bank’s internal loan review function, including evaluations of the function’s independence, coverage, effectiveness, and staffing (quality and quantity);
- Validation of the use of the risk rating system;
- Review of policies / processes associated with specific types of lending (asset based, construction, etc.);
- Review of progress in addressing regulatory Matters Requiring Attention;
- Review of policies and processes associated with identification of Troubled Debt Restructures (TDRs);
- Review of the overall credit / credit administration process.
These credit process reviews can be performed on a standalone basis or combined with a CEIS loan review engagement.
Contact us to see how our customized Process Review services may be of assistance to your organization.